1. Coconut (peeled and cut in small pieces) :- 1 cup
2. Chana dal (bhuna) :- 5 tsp
3. Green chillies :- 4
4. Garlic :- 2 pieces
5. Salt :- to taste
6. Water :- 1/2 cup (approximately )
1. Oil :-2 tsp
2. Cumin seeds (jeera):- 1/4 tsp
3. Mustard seed (rai):- 1/ tsp
4. Dry red chillies :- 4
5. Curry leaves:- 10
Soak coconut,channa dal,garlic and green chillies for 5 minutes. Then put all things into blender,add salt and water and make a paste (add water, as needed, to help with the grinding). Before removing from blender, taste chutney to adjust the salt.
For seasoning heat the oil,add mustard seeds and wait till they crack. Then add cumin seeds,red chillies and curry leaves. Pour the seasoning mixture over the chutney.
Serve with dosa,idly ,wada,upma…….
Coconut chutney can be refrigerated up to a week.