- Mava(milk solids)-100gms
- Rava(semolina)-1/3 cup
- Ghee (for the dough)1tsp
- Powdered sugar-1/4 cup
- Powdered elaichi-1/2 tsp
- Badam(almond) chopped-2
- Pista(Pistachio) chopped-1
- Maida-1 1/2 cup
- Ghee-for frying
For the garnish:-
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Saffron colour
- Silver warq
- Roast mava in a kadai for 3-4 min.
- Roast rava separately till it turns light brown.
- When it cools,mix with powdered sugar,elaichi,almonds,pistachio and nutmeg and add roasted mava to it.Mix well.
- Take maida and knead it into medium dough adding one tbsp ghee to it.Divide this dough into 30 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a small circle.Stuff it with the mava mixture and shape it into the form of karanjis.Make more such karanjis.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and deep fry the karanjis till they turn golden brown.
- For the garnish,make sugar syrup of one-string consistency with one-third cup of water.Add saffron colour.Arrange the karanjis on a sieve and pour the syrup on it.Decorate with silver warq and serve.